THE SECRETARY’S ROLE
- To ensure that committee meetings are properly administered.
- To ensure other meetings, such as the AGM, and events are properly administered.
- Monitor committee member action points.
- Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
- Planning meeting dates, sending out notifications, minutes and other papers.
- Drawing up agendas together with the Chair.
- Minute committee meetings or ensure that another minute taker is available. In the case of closed meetings (with no others present) the secretary will take the minutes.
- Accurately record decisions and actions in the minutes and report to the next committee meeting on the progress of actions and the result of decisions.
- Deal with correspondence, writing letters/emails as agreed at committee meetings, summarising correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
- Make arrangements for any necessary reporting to be done. For example, the annual report to members.
- To be organised and methodical
- Able to take good minutes.
- Able to keep accurate records.
- Has the relevant skills to organise a meeting well.
How to applyÂ Applications should be made via email to Rachel Jackson Â firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 9am Wednesday 28th October 2020Â